By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Tech Consumer JournalTech Consumer JournalTech Consumer Journal
  • News
  • Phones
  • Tablets
  • Wearable
  • Home Tech
  • Streaming
  • More Articles
Reading: ‘Doctor Who’ Writer Mark Gatiss Says What We’re All Thinking About the Show’s Future
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Tech Consumer JournalTech Consumer Journal
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Phones
  • Tablets
  • Wearable
  • Home Tech
  • Streaming
  • More Articles
Search
  • News
  • Phones
  • Tablets
  • Wearable
  • Home Tech
  • Streaming
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact
  • Blog
  • Complaint
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Tech Consumer Journal > News > ‘Doctor Who’ Writer Mark Gatiss Says What We’re All Thinking About the Show’s Future
News

‘Doctor Who’ Writer Mark Gatiss Says What We’re All Thinking About the Show’s Future

News Room
Last updated: August 19, 2026 11:11 pm
News Room
Share
SHARE

The future of Doctor Who is as uncertain as ever, a situation that stretches back to the confusing regeneration scene that capped Ncuti Gatwa’s Time Lord era. Then, we had Disney’s producing-partner breakup with the BBC; the announcement of a 2026 Christmas special from Russell T Davies despite uncertainty over who would actually be playing the Doctor; the subsequent cancellation of that special—and the news that the BBC, which had already been open to finding a new production partner, would soon be officially putting the veteran (and increasingly expensive) sci-fi series out to tender.

For now, at least, the TARDIS seems to be taking an extended vacation. And Mark Gatiss, a British TV staple who has both written for and guest-starred on Doctor Who, thinks that’s probably for the best.

In a chat with the Radio Times, Gatiss said that while he believes “the fact that Doctor Who had a second act of 21 years is absolutely amazing,” and that “the BBC putting it out to tender is a perfectly great idea,” he also thinks that the show’s due for a break, much like it had between 1989 and 2005.

“I think maybe it’s just time for a proper break, because you want people to miss it and have fresh ideas, and probably someone to run it who grew up with David Tennant as the Doctor, rather than Tom Baker,” Gatiss said.

However, as the Radio Times points out, there have been a couple of companies who have expressed interest in Doctor Who: BBC Studios and Electric Entertainment. It’s yet to be seen what will happen with the tender, but Gatiss sounds pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

“It’s fine. I think the fact it’s come back so successfully means it will come back again.”

Want more io9 news? Check out when to expect the latest Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek releases, what’s next for the DC Universe on film and TV, and everything you need to know about the future of Doctor Who.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Dave Bautista Is Kratos in ‘God of War’

Netflix’s Anime NYC Line Up Is Ridiculously Stacked

There’s Life Before Watching ‘Bone Tomahawk,’ and Then There’s Life After Watching ‘Bone Tomahawk’

Bruce Campbell Has Been Retired as Ash for a While, Actually

Bigfoot-Like Ancient Apes Might Have Been Closer to Humans Than We Realize

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Previous Article Comfy Sleep Earbuds With an Uncomfortable Price
Next Article Still Growing Into Their AI Shoes
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

248.1kLike
69.1kFollow
134kPin
54.3kFollow

Latest News

These Transistors Engineered With Bacteria Are Literally Alive, if a Little Slow
News
The Best Tech and Gear for Back to School 2026
News
The Creepy ‘Never After Dark’ Trailer Might Keep You Up at Night
News
Darth Vader Speaks at City Council Meeting
News
DOJ Throws Support Behind xAI’s Fight Against Minnesota AI Nudification Ban
News
NASA’s Swift Is Doomed to a Fiery Death After Rescue Mission Fails
News
This Robot Vacuum Has a Brush and Mop Pad That Can Reach Places Others Can’t
News
SpaceX Finally Recovers Starship After 24 Days of Tugging It Through Rough Waters
News

You Might also Like

News

‘The Odyssey’ Is Now the Highest-Grossing R-Rated Film of All Time

News Room News Room 4 Min Read
News

This Electric Shock Glove Was Invented for Police in the 1930s to ‘Incite Fear’

News Room News Room 6 Min Read
News

OpenAI’s CFO Reportedly Downplays Importance of IPO to Staff

News Room News Room 3 Min Read
Tech Consumer JournalTech Consumer Journal
Follow US
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?